Gluster and backup storage on rackspace01 / rackspace02

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+ovirt at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Mon Sep 16 21:42:23 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 03:08:17PM +0200, Alexander Rydekull wrote:
> So, it's up and running now.
>
> Next step would be to configure ovirt to use the new gluster volume.
>
> And for backups to be moved from linode to this area instead.
>
> Please note I only allocated 1 TB to glusterlv, and 100 GB to backuplv,
> This leave ~700 GB untouched for allocation where we need it.
>
> "It's better to grow then to show" ... I just thought of that one, I know
> its bad. Sorry :-D

Thanks for setting this up! +1 on leaving room to grow. Couple of
questions:

* To use this for VMs, we need to migrate from 2 all-in-one clusters to
  one "normal" cluster?
* Can we still use the local storage or do we need to glusterize
  that too?
* And how is it now security wise? Any firewall or other mechanism to
  prevent random machines from cloning?
* For backups, do we connect straight to the hypervisors? I'd prefer a
  light (HA) backup VM where we can connect to.