proposal for moving nightly to 3.4 stabilization branch

Kiril Nesenko knesenko at redhat.com
Sun Jan 19 09:35:47 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Agree.

> Just to understand how much we need and if we can gather it, how many nightly
> has to be taken for allowing rollback?
> just latest and previous?
> Ignore rollback and just keep latest?

Currently we planned to have nightly for each version:

ovirt-<version>-snapshot - for nightly builds
ovirt-snapshot - master nightly
ovirt-<version> - released version

So we need some more space to handle that. To avoid RPM dups on the filesystem, we can create
 a root directory to save RPMs there and use hardlinks. For example:

Packages-<version> -

                    - rpm1, rpm2 ...

In that way you will avoid dup rpms.

Kiril