proposal for moving nightly to 3.4 stabilization branch

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Sun Jan 19 10:01:03 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

we tried doing that with adding storage to rackspace, but we hit a wall there with various ticket problems
regarding firewall issues and other restrictions which forced us to look for other alternatives.

i'm still trying to think on how best configuration on softlayer going forward, with a dedicated storage server,
that might solve the issue, but that could take a while.

meantime, i think the simplest solution is just to increase space on resourcs.ovirt.org or to move the gerrit backups (9.5GB)
somewhere else.

> > Just to understand how much we need and if we can gather it, how many
> > nightly
> > has to be taken for allowing rollback?
> > just latest and previous?
> > Ignore rollback and just keep latest?
>
> Currently we planned to have nightly for each version:
>
> ovirt-<version>-snapshot - for nightly builds
> ovirt-snapshot - master nightly
> ovirt-<version> - released version
>

> So we need some more space to handle that. To avoid RPM dups on the
> filesystem, we can create
>  a root directory to save RPMs there and use hardlinks. For example:
>
> Packages-<version> -
>                     - rpm1, rpm2 ...
>
> and link rpms from ovirt-<version>-snapshot and ovirt-<version> to
> Packages-<version>.
>
> In that way you will avoid dup rpms.

this will surely help as well +1
and the refactoring of the cleanup script for deleting old nighthly rpms also.