Can't merge patches due to unjustified findbugs failure

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Mon Nov 24 14:45:09 UTC 2014

On 11/24, Lior Vernia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Getting inexplicable findbugs failures on a patch:
>
> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-engine_master_find-bugs_gerrit/20910/console
>
> If we know that Jenkins is unstable, maybe we can have it not block
> merging of patches?

Patches can be merged anyhow by managers and product leads.

Fixing the tests should be considered first priority and part of the
develpoment process.

So if it's not a critical issue I say we fix the test.

I see it started failing today (since build 20910), I'm rerunning on
the branch head to see if the issue is already merged.

I also see that all the failed jobs that ran on el6-vm05 had the same
issue (the unable to get xclass...ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException).

I've taken the slave out as a precaution, I'll rerun your patch after
the HEAD to check if it was the slave.