Foreman upgrade and new appliance builder slave

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 18:53:50 UTC 2015

Hi!

Today we had some space issues trying to build ovirt-appliance, so I decided to
create a special slave for it with extra space (fc21-appliance-builder-vm01)
but found out that foreman had stopped working with ovirt 3.5

So I updated the foreman machine to 1.7, and the foreman-proxy, only had a few
issues with apache using ruby 1.8 rails gem instead of 1.9.3 but that was
solved.

The proxy upgrade made the dhcp server go down for a few minutes and that
created an issue on all the slave that lost the ip, so I've also increased the
lease time from the 10 minutes it had to 10 hours, as foreman is able to remove
leases when a vm is removed. All the slaves are back online and running, but
some jobs might have failed because of that.

@fabiand: I've tagged your job to the vm and started a run, the vm has now
~33GB free of space.

I think that we can afford 40GB disk slaves, so I'll change the templates to
use 40GB instead of the 20 they use today.

Cheers!

--
David Caro

Red Hat S.L.