official 4.1 release repos broken?

Lev Veyde lveyde at redhat.com
Wed Aug 2 14:16:45 UTC 2017

Hi Barak,

Not sure if it was it or something else... but yes I did re-create the
metadata even though I could successfully access the repo and even get that
specific RPM package info, including the right size.

Personally I'm not sure what really happened here, the download in the job
was failing several times at exactly 88%, but I was able to download (w/
wget) the RPM without any issue from my test VM.
It means that if it was due to corrupted yum repo data and yum uses the
filesize it gets from the DB and not the the size it receives from the
httpd, then I would expect to see the yum info to report the RPM size of
about 2.84 MB. But it reported it as 2.5 MB which is it's size.

So to summarize, not really sure what went wrong here, and we need to keep
an eye on this to see if it's really resolved.

Thanks in advance,

--

Lev Veyde

Software Engineer, RHCE | RHCVA | MCITP