[Kimchi-devel] Kimchi feedback

Paul Clarke pc at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 5 02:53:16 UTC 2014

(Fairly new user of Kimchi, with first impressions)

Is there a good location for documentation?

It seems difficult to make a new ISO available, or I chose a poor way.
- I downloaded from an FTP site requiring non-anonymous authentication
- I scp'd it to root at host
- I tried to use it from there, but I got permission denied
"KCHISO0008E: The hypervisor doesn't have permission to use this ISO
/root/..."

- the message above recommends copying the file to /var/lib/libvirt, but
I think you actually have to copy it to /var/lib/libvirt/images

- you also need to "chown qemu" the ISO image

After the above steps, it finally became visible and usable.

Further feedback:
- The above error message appears as a bright pop-over with a nice 'X'
for dismissing, but it automatically disappears so quickly, it's
impossible to read the entire message

- in the "Edit Template" dialog, what is "CPU Number"?  I presume that
is "number of (virtual) processors"?

- in the "Edit Template" dialog, what are the units for "Memory"?  It is
apparently megabytes, but that should be noted

Regards,
Paul Clarke, IBM