[Kimchi-devel] Kimchi feedback

Hongliang Wang hlwang at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jun 5 03:06:13 UTC 2014

Welcome to Kimchi and thanks for the feedback! I can answer part of your
questions.
On 06/05/2014 10:53 AM, Paul Clarke wrote:
> (Fairly new user of Kimchi, with first impressions)
>

> Is there a good location for documentation?
At the top right corner, clicking your user name and there's a pop-up
menu which contains a "Help" item. It will show help documentation for
the current tab where you are.

> It seems difficult to make a new ISO available, or I chose a poor way.
> - I downloaded from an FTP site requiring non-anonymous authentication
> - I scp'd it to root at host
> - I tried to use it from there, but I got permission denied
> "KCHISO0008E: The hypervisor doesn't have permission to use this ISO
> /root/..."
>
> - the message above recommends copying the file to /var/lib/libvirt,
> but I think you actually have to copy it to /var/lib/libvirt/images
>
> - you also need to "chown qemu" the ISO image
>
> After the above steps, it finally became visible and usable.
>

> Further feedback:
> - The above error message appears as a bright pop-over with a nice 'X'
> for dismissing, but it automatically disappears so quickly, it's
> impossible to read the entire message
ACK. It will disappear automatically after some fixed seconds, which is
not good for long messages.

> - in the "Edit Template" dialog, what is "CPU Number"?  I presume that
> is "number of (virtual) processors"?
Yes. It means number of virtual processor cores e.g. 1-core processor,
2-core processor, 4-core processor, etc.

> - in the "Edit Template" dialog, what are the units for "Memory"? It
> is apparently megabytes, but that should be noted
ACK. The unit is lost.