[lago-devel] Drop reposync command

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 12:26:32 UTC 2016

> What about an interim solution - create an (ISO?) with some base packages -
> especially for the released (3.6) binaries, that will not change as often as
> master and can be used?
> So even if some are outdated - at least it's some of them and not all of
> them. And we can update that ISO with newer content once ... a month or a
> quarter or so.
> Y.

Here are other forms for the same idea:
1. Create a repo VM image
2. Make the test VMs with a pre-seeded yum cache.
3. Make the test VM images be pre-installed wit everything you may ever need

The common thing about all theses solutions they are
test-environment/application specific
(You are talking specifically about oVirt here. Lago is already used
for other things, and hopefully
will be used for more) and not suitable as a generic Lago core capability.

I think we will need to try out and implement multiple solutions
before we land on something
generally useful, in the meantime its better to make tests and CI work
faster, so I strongly +1
this move.

--
Barak Korren