[lago-devel] Bridge Networking

David Caro dcaro at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 17:15:12 UTC 2016

On 03/08 12:05, Eric Helms wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 11:57 AM, David Caro <dcaro at redhat.com> wrote:
>

> > I think that a better solution might be exposing ports or similar, though I
> > agree that having the possibility to setup external nets is a nice to have.
> >
> > btw. you can use ssh's -D option to setup a socks proxy server too, simpler
> > imo.
> >

> Can you help me visualize what this would look like from a code or user
> perspective? Right now I have it reduced to "run this script" and
> environment gets setup and installation steps occur. Ideally, that same
> script would setup or configure whatever is needed so a developer just hits
> the IP in their browser and is off and running.

For the ports, just adding an option to the nets specifying with ports to
forward to which ips/vms

For the ssh tunnel, you have to start it from your laptop to the machine that
is running lago, something like:

   ssh -D 8888 -Nf lago_machine
   # the -N is for not running any command, -f is to go to background

That will start a socks proxy at 127.0.0.1:8888 (in your laptop) that you can
setup in your browser as proxy, and will forward any traffic through it, so
pointing your browser to the internal vm ip/name should work.

--
David Caro

Red Hat S.L.

Tel.: +420 532 294 605