[lago-devel] Lago - Installation help needed

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Mon Sep 26 08:30:10 UTC 2016

Hello Didi,

Thank you for your answer.

Le 26/09/2016 à 09:52, Yedidyah Bar David a écrit :
>>> Can I just modify OVESETUP_SYSTEM/memCheckEnabled=bool:True ?
>> You can try.
>> I did, but to no avail.
> You should set it to False if you want engine-setup to not ask.

Sorry for not having been clear : I did that ("set to false"), and
indeed, I wasn't bothered with it anymore, but it failed anyway later,
at the end of all the automatic replies, when running the last steps of
the installer.

The KSM proposed by Yaniv seem to have been a good one, as the
installation went further.
But there are still errors I'm trying to detect.
See below.

>>> PS : I promise, I'm still playing with this tiny bare metal machine for
>>> some days, and if it is too limited, I'll switch to a stronger one (but I
>>> have to convince some people), and stop bothering you all with issues
>>> related to hardware limits.
>>

>> BTW, please make sure you are running KSM (sudo systemctl start ksm) - it
>> may give you a bit of leg room..
>>

>> Ok, I just installed and ran KSM, and the results are not the same.
>>
>> In the engine test, I only get warnings, and eventually :
>>           --== END OF SUMMARY ==--
>>
>> [ INFO  ] Starting engine service
>> [ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Closing up': Failed to start service
>> 'ovirt-engine'
>> [ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
>>           Log file is located at
>> /var/log/ovirt-engine/setup/ovirt-engine-setup-20160926025618-pe4ci8.log
>>
>> In this log file, I see some errors about minidnf (about which I know
>> nothing),
>
> You can ignore these.
>
> dnf is the replacement for yum built into recent fedora. On el7 these
> messages are expected and harmless.

Ok, I knew what dnf was, but had no idea about minidnf.
Anyway, if it can be ignore, let's skip that and keep searching.

>> and indirect information about the lack of a correct database.
>> I see no more errors about memory.
>>
>> The log file is attached, and I'd be very thankful if anyone could have a
>> quick look for things I may have missed.
>
> Please check/post engine logs, /var/log/ovirt-engine/* . Thanks.

I used lagocli collect to retrieve the log files, and I provided the
relevant log file attached in my previous message (I hope it went though
mailman).

Looking at the tree retrieved by "lagocli collect", or connecting
directly with "lagocli shell", I see that there is one and only file :
the one I provided.

Is there some interesting keywords I should pay attention at, apart the
obvious errors?

--
Nicolas ECARNOT