[lago-devel] lago-ovirt-system-tests ansible PR

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Mon Sep 26 08:48:07 UTC 2016

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Nadav Goldin <ngoldin at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> As discussed in the PR[1], we might need to think of restructuring our
> demos/examples repositories.
>
> I suggest the following structure:
>
> - lago-project/lago-examples.git - Examples of how to use lago to deploy
> 'X'
> This repository will hold all examples of deploying Lago, each example
> will have its own directory. Currently we have:
> lago-project/lago-examples/jenkins - the current lago-demo
> repository[1](scripts to deploy Jenkins using Lago)
> lago-project/lago-examples/ovirt-system-tests - installing lago +
> ovirt-system-tests[3]

+1 for this.

> - lago-project/lago-ansible-examples.git
> The same as 'lago-examples.git', only it will hold ansible playbooks
> that use lago and ansible for deployment(such as the PR)
>
> - lago-project/lago-ansible.git
> Holding a generic ansible playbook to install lago(once we have one :)

I think its still unclear for a user what will be the diff between those 2
repos.
We need first to list the Ansible use cases that are possible within Lago:

   1. Using Ansible to install Lago for a user ( + optionally run a test
   suite, like ovirt-system-tests)
   2. Using Ansible to install Lago for developer (might be similar to 1
   only with more deps installed )
   3. Using Ansible as Dynamic Inventory Script [1]
   4. Using Ansible as deployment scripts ( should be in the relvant
   project, like OST )
   5. ?? probably there are more.

Once we agree on the set of 'roles' Ansible can take, we can decide on the
repos to hold them.

[1] https://github.com/lago-project/lago/issues/281

--
Eyal Edri
Associate Manager

phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)