[lago-devel] Lago - Installation help needed

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Sep 26 08:55:40 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Nadav Goldin <ngoldin at redhat.com> wrote:
> quick lookup:
> grep -i -E -B10 -A10 "(exception|error|timeout)"
> ovirt-engine-setup-20160926025618-pe4ci8.log  | more
> 2016-09-26 02:56:26 DEBUG
> otopi.ovirt_engine_setup.engine_common.database
> database.getCredentials:1168 database connection failed
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/ovirt-engine/setup/ovirt_engine_setup/engine_common/database.py",
> line 1166, in getCredentials
>     ] = self.isNewDatabase()
>   File "/usr/share/ovirt-engine/setup/ovirt_engine_setup/engine_common/database.py",
> line 364, in isNewDatabase
>     transaction=False,
>   File "/usr/share/ovirt-engine/setup/ovirt_engine_setup/engine_common/database.py",
> line 185, in execute
>     database=database,
>   File "/usr/share/ovirt-engine/setup/ovirt_engine_setup/engine_common/database.py",
> line 119, in connect
>     sslmode=sslmode,
> OperationalError: could not connect to server: Connection refused
>     Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
>     TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
> could not connect to server: Connection refused
>     Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
>     TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

All these are irrelevant.

The only relevant error is:

2016-09-26 03:00:42 DEBUG otopi.plugins.otopi.services.rhel
plugin.executeRaw:828 execute: ('/sbin/service', 'ovirt-engine',
'start'), executable='None', cwd='None', env=None
2016-09-26 03:00:43 DEBUG otopi.plugins.otopi.services.rhel
plugin.executeRaw:878 execute-result: ('/sbin/service',
'ovirt-engine', 'start'), rc=1
2016-09-26 03:00:43 DEBUG otopi.plugins.otopi.services.rhel
plugin.execute:936 execute-output: ('/sbin/service', 'ovirt-engine',
'start') stdout:
Starting oVirt Engine: [FAILED]

2016-09-26 03:00:43 DEBUG otopi.plugins.otopi.services.rhel
plugin.execute:941 execute-output: ('/sbin/service', 'ovirt-engine',
'start') stderr:

So we need engine logs to know more.

If none were generated, it might have failed too early.

Please check system logs - /var/log/messages, journalctl, etc. Thanks.

> On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas at ecarnot.net> wrote:
>> Hello Didi,
>>
>> Thank you for your answer.

>>> You should set it to False if you want engine-setup to not ask.
>>

>> Sorry for not having been clear : I did that ("set to false"), and indeed, I
>> wasn't bothered with it anymore, but it failed anyway later, at the end of
>> all the automatic replies, when running the last steps of the installer.
>>
>> The KSM proposed by Yaniv seem to have been a good one, as the installation
>> went further.
>> But there are still errors I'm trying to detect.
>> See below.

>>> You can ignore these.
>>>
>>> dnf is the replacement for yum built into recent fedora. On el7 these
>>> messages are expected and harmless.
>>

>> Ok, I knew what dnf was, but had no idea about minidnf.
>> Anyway, if it can be ignore, let's skip that and keep searching.

>>> Please check/post engine logs, /var/log/ovirt-engine/* . Thanks.
>>

>> I used lagocli collect to retrieve the log files, and I provided the
>> relevant log file attached in my previous message (I hope it went though
>> mailman).
>>
>> Looking at the tree retrieved by "lagocli collect", or connecting directly
>> with "lagocli shell", I see that there is one and only file : the one I
>> provided.
>>
>> Is there some interesting keywords I should pay attention at, apart the
>> obvious errors?
>>
>> --
>> Nicolas ECARNOT

Didi