[lago-devel] [ovirt-devel] Lago and vm templates

Marc Young 3vilpenguin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 19:58:32 UTC 2017

Ive made progress on using pure cloud-init on the centos glance images to
get the vagrant pre-requisites included and usable but so far thats
introduced two issues that still make template exporting within Lago
desirable:

   1. Time and network resources to download packages as well as CPU/memory
   bloating from repeated installations of the same packages
   2. Unable to test network configuration of vagrant, which is a large
   part of vagrant to leave untested
      1. By that i mean dhcp/static/multiple network interfaces via blocks
      such as [1] and [2]

In the mean time I'm contemplating using the vagrant/ruby sdk to make
`vagrant package` export as an oVirt template which would let me call that
in the middle of an ovirt-system-tests suite, if I'm not mistaken?

[1]

  config.vm.network :private_network,
    :ovirt__network_name => 'ovirtmgmt' #DHCP

[2]

  config.vm.network :private_network,
    :ovirt__ip => '192.168.2.198', :ovirt__network_name => 'ovirtmgmt',
:ovirt__gateway => '192.168.2.125', :ovirt__netmask => '255.255.0.0',
:ovirt__dns_servers => '192.168.2.1', :ovirt__dns_search => 'test.local'