[node-devel] install error and debug method

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Mon Jul 9 08:49:40 UTC 2012

Hey,

Am Montag, den 09.07.2012, 16:43 +0800 schrieb Eli Qiao:
>       * I failed to install a version of build (I built it myself)
>         base on F17, it show nothing just tell me to log as admin ,but
>         I didn't set up a password for admin and root. what the passwd
>         is ?

If no password is given at an auto-ionstall the the admin and root
accounts will be disabled. You need to provide an admin/rootpw at
install time (via kargs, see below)-

>       * And also , I have some question about how to debug the
>         ovirt-node, would someone kindly give me a hand ?

Most ovirt node specific log messages go to /var/log/ovirt.log .
But the base components log to their predefined locations.
Might I ask what you want to debug?

>       * Can I ask that what should I do if I want to set a password in
>         the bootparameters such rootpw=XXX
> what XXX like ?
>
> I generate the passwd by doing this :
>  perl -e 'print crypt("123",q($1$IPPBXADM)),"\n"'
> $1$IPPBXADM$UwX5u7LVJoJ/EJfG4d8HC1
>
> but when I type 123 , it's shows I am input a wrong password , what
> encryption does node use ? md5 or sha1 ?

I just know that you can use the openssl passwd command to generated a
valid password hash, e.g.:

$ openssl passwd -salt foo bar
foXrpAKGo3142

This hash can be used as a karg: adminpw=foXrpAKGo3142

Greetings
fabian