[node-devel] Continous Testing of Node

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 09:08:21 UTC 2012

Am Montag, den 11.06.2012, 10:39 +0200 schrieb Fabian Deutsch:
> igor can be found at [5], it's a small wsgi script awaiting orders via
> some RESTless like API. There is also an example script provided to
> illustrate how it can be triggered from jenkins. The patch [6] is needed
> to add the necessary service to a Node build.

Just a few more details on different parts:
- VMs are currently created by virt-install (which is already quite
flexible), this can be extended to take any domain definition so we can
create arbitrary guests.

- Testcases are intended to be python or bash scripts, but can actually
  be any kind of on-the-node-runnable blob. [1] is showing some
  examples.
- Testcases are summarized in a Testset which are the distilled into a
  testsuite. And specified in files with a .suite and .set suffix. [1]
  gives some examples
- Testsets (Testcases) can be reused in different Testsuites (Testsets).
- The idea to do the TUI testing is to use uinput (via python-uninput)
  for input and /dev/vcs or whatever to check the results

Testcases are welcome, and it's planned to have a separate repository
for them.

fabian

--
[1] https://gitorious.org/ovirt/igord/trees/master/testcases