[node-devel] oVirt Node 2.4.0 Posted

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Thu Jun 14 16:50:50 UTC 2012

On 06/14/2012 03:25 PM, Mike Burns wrote:
> The image is posted to the beta area on ovirt.org[1].  There will likely
> be a 2.4.1 release in the next couple weeks as we clean up some other
> issues.

I just did a test install and this is the result so far:

When booting the iso itself and the installed node later I get the
following output:
rpcbind: rpcbind terminating on signal. Restart with "rpcbind -w"
the boot process continues though.

I can't seem to configure the network. When I move to "eth0" and hit enter
I see a blue screen for about 20 seconds and then I get back to the grey
background with header and footer but nothing in the content area. Hitting
a cursor key the menu appears but in the top left corner instead of where
it's supposed to be. Selecting anything doesn't change the content are
though. When I hit f12 the gui apparently resets and everything looks
alright again.

Looking at the logs I see
ovirtfunctions - unable to determine ip/netmask from:
ovirtfunctions - unable to determine ip/netmask from: Device "breth0" does
not exist.

Is there a manual way to configure the networking so I can test the engine
connection?

Regards,
  Dennis