[node-devel] Reworking our TUI installer

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 11:10:05 UTC 2012

Hey,

I've been working on the TUI rework - which is going on quite well.
The TUI is build around "UI page plugins". Those are python modules (.py
files) which put into a predefined directory and are picked up by the UI
infrastructure and displayed in the main UI. All pages of the new TUI
are implemented as "UI page plugins".
Now, while working on this I realized that we could easily build other
TUI applications around this concept. Our TUI installer for example
could be just the same TUI base, with a different plugin path and thus a
different set of UI page plugins. This way we are using the same
infrastructure and principles for the setup and installer.

I just to share this idea, because I'm still busy with getting the setup
into a usable state.

Greetings
fabian

[1] https://www.gitorious.org/ovirt/ovirt-node-config-molch