[Users] How to connect VNC console ?

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Sat Dec 3 04:30:10 UTC 2011

Of Phattanon Duangdara
> Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2011 0:19 AM
> To: Ryan Harper
> Cc: users at ovirt.org
> Subject: Re: [Users] How to connect VNC console ?
>
> Why not webadmin/portal just report VNC port and IP to connect, also
> have option to set VNC password.
> Many users not have Linux desktop with spice installed. I wish i can
> use Windows, Android, etc to connect console.

Either that, or a VNC XPI/CAB, or a novnc solution.
The "get VNC connection details" would be the easiest one to implement if
anyone is interested in pushing this.

I'll just add some color on why it isn't there already:
1. the previous console was windows c# and had a bundled vnc exe with it.
2. the user portal was designed for VDI originally, so it only had spice
(and rdp for windows clients) support.