[Users] How does "RHEV-M" works?

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu Dec 29 21:58:18 UTC 2011

On 12/29/2011 12:29 PM, 老臭 wrote:
> Hi,
> I found that there's a "RHEV-M" page in ovirt node config setup UI.
> How does it works? Does it provide a way that node take the initiative
> to tell ovirt-engine to connect node?

the node will register itself to the ovirt engine/rhev-m node and will
appear in status "pending approval" under the hosts tab.
this will allow the admin to simply 'approve' it.
useful for bulk deployments of nodes via PXE, etc.

another approach is to add the node like a regulat host via the UI
(requires configuring an admin (currently root) password first