[Users] Question on installation

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 00:40:39 UTC 2011

On 10/30/2011 08:48 PM, Juan Hernandez wrote:
> On 10/30/2011 07:37 PM, Yair Zaslavsky wrote:
>> On 10/30/2011 06:03 PM, José Román Bilbao Castro wrote:
>>> The workshop is around the corner and I hope complete installation
>>> instructions will be soon available. Nevertheless, I am exploring ovirt
>>> for a potential client and need it working as soon as possible. The main
>>> problem is that I have followed the instructions to install from source
>>> that are present on the wiki and the installation seems to be
>>> incomplete. There are three questions:
>>>

>>> -          Where it says:
>>>

>>> “Check that it runs:
>>>
>>>    $>  /usr/local/jboss-5.1.0.GA/bin/run.sh”
>>>

>>> Am I supposed to leave this “thing” running as long as I am using ovirt?.
>>
>> Hi Jose,
>> Yes, You need to keep it running. This "thing" is the engine-core JBoss
>> application server which has the business logic code installed on as a
>> Java EE application.
>>>
>>> -          Second and more important, I cannot access the web GUI
>>> through http://<server name>:<port>/webadmin
>>> <http://%3cserver%20name%3e:%3cport%3e/webadmin>  and I don’t know why.
>>> Mainly, I do not know the port. I suppose it is 8080, but it just shows
>>> an error page like there is nothing there. If I ignore the “webadmin”
>>> tag, It then shows the JBoss page.
>
> José, try https://<server name>:8443/webadmin

that's only relevant if ssl certificate was configured. by default oVirt
development environment works without ssl to allow ease of deployment
for developers.
ssl can be configured of course.

Jose - what error are you seeing exactly? what's in the jboss logs?
what does http://xxx/8080/api gives you?