[Users] Question on installation

José Román Bilbao Castro jrbcast at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 08:50:28 UTC 2011

Thanks for your responses,

It seems I did something wrong because the installation process has some
"bugs" I want to report here for other potential users in troubles :-):

- Where it says:

	echo "PATH=\$PATH:/usr/local/apache-maven-2.2.1/bin" >> ~/.bashrc

	The path is no longer correct (at least in Fedora 14). Each user
should look for the correct path.

- Also, some repositories are no longer available on the internet (maven2)
where expected. It seems they were decommissioned a short time ago. The
solution is to download and install problematic files by hand (some .jar
files) and install them as suggested on the help. You can download them from
findjar.com and other places. It is quite a long and tedious process...

Now I am continuing the long build process....

Hope this helps,

Jose.