[Users] Importing from KVM

Alex Drahon adrahon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 10:16:07 UTC 2012

Thanks for your help.

I tried the import with a minimal OVF file as described by Shahar and it
worked, but failed on activate.

This time I have a constraint violation on pk_vm_static, which means that
ovirt-engine doesn't create a vm_guid if it isn't here. I guess it's the
same for a lot of parameters.

To move forward, I'm going to create "shadow" VMs on ovirt-engine, export
them and import my "real" libvirt/KVM VMs with the exported OVF files.
Makes sense?

Where should I look in the source tree if I want to (try to) actually help
with the restore code for imported VMs?

Alex