[Users] Host problems

Li, David LiD at cloudshield.com
Thu Apr 12 21:52:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have two problems with hosts in the ovirt-engine:

1.       I couldn't remove the host. The remove is grayed out in the menu. I rebooted and did everything I could. How do I get around this problem without having to reinstall the engine?

2.       The ovirt-engine complained about "Host registration failed ... (localhost.localdomain)" when I tried to add an ISO storage domain.  Before that I already had a Data domain up and running. The fact is I never added the host using this name.  I only used IP address.  Because of this I had tried to remove the host and hence the problem #1.  How can I prevent the engine from using "localhost" in the registration?

Thanks in advance.
David