[Users] ovirt-node trying to use NFS4

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Mon Apr 16 15:09:54 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 16:12 -0400, Ian Levesque wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> On Apr 13, 2012, at 2:57 PM, Juan Hernandez wrote:
>
> > On 04/13/2012 07:20 PM, Ian Levesque wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm in the early stages of testing an ovirt install, using the
> official ovirt engine packages + F16.
> >>
> >> I configured a storage domain to connect to our gluster storage via
> NFS (pity we can't use gluster natively yet). On the engine server, I
> added Nfsvers=3 to /etc/nfsmount.conf as instructed here:
> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_NFS_Storage_Issues
> >>
> >> I then installed a host via ovirt-node (2.3.0-1) and successfully
> added the host, but it refuses to connect to our storage domain
> because it's attempting to mount via NFS4. When I add Nfsvers=3
> to /etc/nfsmount.conf on the host, it comes to life. Of course, that
> will be reset after a reboot.
> >>
> >> So what are my options here, other than not use ovirt-node? AFAIK,
> gluster doesn't export NFS4, let alone have options to disable it. And
> I don't see any way to add nfs mount options when defining a storage
> domain...
> >
> > Take a look at the /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf configuration file in the
> host.
> > There is a nfs_mount_options parameter there that you can use.
>
> This worked perfectly - thanks for your help (and for pointing me at
> the persistent /config directory).
>
> Cheers,
> ~irl

This issue should be filed as a bug against either engine or vdsm (or
perhaps both).  An interface to set nfs options needs to be provided
through either the engine admin UI or through vdsm in some other way.
Manually editing and persisting files is ok as a workaround, but should
not be recommended or used long term.

Mike