[Users] Host status non-responsding

Eli Mesika emesika at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 13:23:16 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Well , if you stop vdsm service , your host is in non-responding state and that's OK
> Now it has happened for the third time. For
> the previous two times I did a engine-cleanup and did a engine-setup
> to resolve this issue. Is there some other way ... m guessing
If you can define Power Management on that hots, your host will be automatically rebooted in such a case

> removing some host entry from database or something to recover
> faster. On a non-responding host I can't put it to maintenance mode
> because it says it has running Vms on it... also I cant remove it

So, it is the only running host in your system. If you define one more host and run it
you can send a non-responding host to maintainance since HA VMs will migrate to the other host