[Users] locale en_AU

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 05:08:47 UTC 2012

On 04/23/2012 03:00 AM, Jason Lawer wrote:
> I just tried to run engine-setup and got the following error.
>
> [root at manager ~]# engine-setup
> Error: current locale (en_AU.UTF-8) is not supported. supported locales
> are: en_US.UTF-8,en_US.utf-8,en_US.utf8
> Please check log file
> /var/log/ovirt-engine/engine-setup_2012_04_23_09_07_53.log for more
> information
>
> While I can easily change the locale settings on the box, I really think
> this is a bit of a crazy limitation as almost every other bit of
> software seems to assume en_AU = en_US as almost no software ends up
> creating an Australian localization for it. The character set is the
> same, the keyboards are the same, and I can't see any reason why en_AU
> (or say en_NZ) would cause a problem. The only differences I can think
> of are dates (DD/MM/YYYY vs MM/DD/YYYY) and the metric system.
>
> What would need to be the process to fix this? Is this just because no
> one has been willing to test or it is a policy?

actually, this was blocked due to locale and timezone issues to minimize
problems until further testing, but later opened to allow reporting of
any such issues.
so, I assume you are trying 3.0? as this should have been fixed for 3.1
already:

commit 3f9b8085dec28b23f483058e8a416122e7be1a75
Author: Idan Mansano <imansano at redhat.com>
Date:   Thu Jan 26 11:26:53 2012 +0200

     engine-setup won't validate locale in the system