[Users] Joss fails to start ... Keystore was tampered.

Sharad Mishra snmishra at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Apr 23 19:28:42 UTC 2012

Quoting Doron Fediuck <dfediuck at redhat.com>:

> Thanks.
> Unfortunately the keystore is the most important file in the PKI
> area. Please try to recall your actions, and try to look for the
> keystore in case you moved / change folders or anything alike.
>
> Currently, the only valid solution for a lost keystore is re-installation.

I reinstalled ovirt-engine from source on a fresh rhel6.2 machine. I
still do not see .keystore in /etc/pki/ovirt-engine. Now I get
FileNotFoundException but engine is running.

2012-04-23 11:21:14,900 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.engineencryptutils.EncryptionUtils] (MSC
service thread 1-15) Failed to decryptjava.io.FileNotFoundException:
.keystore (No such file or directory)
2012-04-23 11:21:14,900 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.generic.DBConfigUtils] (MSC
service thread 1-15) Failed to decrypt value for property
AdminPassword will be used encrypted value
2012-04-23 11:21:14,902 INFO  [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.Backend] (MSC
service thread 1-15) VDSBrokerFrontend: 4/23/12 11:21 AM

-Sharad Mishra