[Users] Joss fails to start ... Keystore was tampered.

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 06:00:41 UTC 2012

Thanks,
I think the problem is that wiki has a section on ssl,
but it's only basic ssl as a web-server, while what you
probably need is something like: http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Engine_Node_Integration#Engine_core_machine
When using RPM's they handle these parts.

Can you tell me why you need (if any) ssl?
If you plan to use ovirt-nodes, than you'll have to follow the above
link. If you're planning to work with standard hosts, I'm almost
sure you won't need it.

Let me know what you need and we'll work it out.
(please note that I'll be in a holiday in the coming
days, so my responses may by delayed).

On 24/04/12 20:29, Sharad Mishra wrote:

> Quoting Doron Fediuck <dfediuck at redhat.com>:
>
>> Please explain "from source"-
>> - Did you run maven using dep and started JBoss?
>
> yes, I followed the steps at http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Building_Ovirt_Engine section "Building oVirt-engine from source".
>
> -Sharad
>
>> or
>> - Did you create RPM's and used yum install?

>>> I reinstalled ovirt-engine from source on a fresh rhel6.2 machine. I still do not see .keystore in /etc/pki/ovirt-engine. Now I get FileNotFoundException but engine is running.
>>>
>>> 2012-04-23 11:21:14,900 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.engineencryptutils.EncryptionUtils] (MSC service thread 1-15) Failed to decryptjava.io.FileNotFoundException: .keystore (No such file or directory)
>>> 2012-04-23 11:21:14,900 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.generic.DBConfigUtils] (MSC service thread 1-15) Failed to decrypt value for property AdminPassword will be used encrypted value