[Users] error when regestering a host with vdsm 4.9.6 in ovirt 3.1

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Thu Apr 26 15:37:32 UTC 2012

I have built and installed the latest RPM ovirt-engine from the source
on F16 and the latest RPM VDSM 4.9.6 on F17 because of nedeed dependancies.
when I add a new host, installation always fails with this issue :
Failed to install Host khamsin. Step: CreateConf; Details: Basic
configuration failed to import default values.

I tried to disable ssl in engine and vdsm but it is the same.

I have searched more explications into vdsm and ovirt log but I have
found anything
I suppose vdsm to be the problem, the only way to build it with success
is to install it on F17, which is a beta release...

This makes me crazy!
May anybody  help me to find a clue for this issue?

--
Nathanaël Blanchet

Supervision réseau
Pôle exploitation et maintenance