[Users] oVirt has been approved for inclusion in Fedora 18

Dan Yasny dyasny at redhat.com
Thu Aug 2 07:35:47 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

If you tried oVirt 3.0 a few months ago on F16 - it worked very nicely (first time I tried to install it, it took me about 20 minutes).

We are transitioning to F17 and oVirt3.1, and the transition is not very smooth (some packages in the repos are 3.1, others 3.0, and trying to install using binary packages doesn't work well because of this), but once 3.1 is released, things should settle down. And I hope for 3.2 the transition will be easier.

What I'm saying is that the current state of things is not an oVirt as a product issue, but growing pains around the repositories. Inclusion in Fedora might help eliminate these in the future