[Users] Failure to migrate from one host out of four

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Thu Aug 2 13:35:48 UTC 2012

On 08/02/2012 03:10 PM, Karli Sjöberg wrote:

> 2 aug 2012 kl. 15.05 skrev Martin Kletzander:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for reporting this, I've found now where the problem is and it is
>> in libvirt. However this issue is not easy to fix as it reveals more
>> than just this one problem. The format for outputting floating point
>> numbers into JSON string seems to be locale-dependent. Could you send me
>> what locale are you having? I guess you could migrate the guest by
>> starting libvirt with "LC_ALL=C" set.
>
> OK, wow, awesome! Sorry, I´m not too familiar with Fedora, more of a
> BSD-guy, in learning:) How do you change Locale to something more
> appropriate? And what does it like?

If you want to set it for the whole system, I think it is in
/etc/sysconfig/i18n but I've never did that in Fedora and I bet there is
some GUI or at least a TUI interface for that (system-config-language
maybe?). Changing it might require you to reboot or re-login, but if you
don't want to do that or even if you don't want to change your locale
system-wide, just tell me, I'll help you figure out a procedure to start
libvirt without changing any of that.

However, this is really a bug in our code, so you shouldn't be pushed to
do that. I'm looking into that right now. Feel free to create a bug on
libvirt with the first log saying that our JSON is locale-dependant.

Martin