[Users] Failure to migrate from one host out of four

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Thu Aug 2 13:45:42 UTC 2012

2 aug 2012 kl. 15.35 skrev Martin Kletzander:

On 08/02/2012 03:10 PM, Karli Sjöberg wrote:

2 aug 2012 kl. 15.05 skrev Martin Kletzander:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, I've found now where the problem is and it is
in libvirt. However this issue is not easy to fix as it reveals more
than just this one problem. The format for outputting floating point
numbers into JSON string seems to be locale-dependent. Could you send me
what locale are you having? I guess you could migrate the guest by
starting libvirt with "LC_ALL=C" set.

OK, wow, awesome! Sorry, I´m not too familiar with Fedora, more of a
BSD-guy, in learning:) How do you change Locale to something more
appropriate? And what does it like?

If you want to set it for the whole system, I think it is in
/etc/sysconfig/i18n but I've never did that in Fedora and I bet there is
some GUI or at least a TUI interface for that (system-config-language
maybe?). Changing it might require you to reboot or re-login, but if you
don't want to do that or even if you don't want to change your locale
system-wide, just tell me, I'll help you figure out a procedure to start
libvirt without changing any of that.

I asked 'teh goog':) Here´s what I did:
# sed -i -- 's/sv_SE/en_US/' /etc/sysconfig/i18n
# reboot

And it´s working now, thanks!

However, this is really a bug in our code, so you shouldn't be pushed to
do that. I'm looking into that right now. Feel free to create a bug on
libvirt with the first log saying that our JSON is locale-dependant.

I didn´t get to where I am by /not/ knowing english so I won´t know the difference, but I agree with you in essence. Thanks again.

Martin

Med Vänliga Hälsningar
Karli Sjöberg
Box 7079 (Visiting Address Kronåsvägen 8)
S-750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Phone:  +46-(0)18-67 15 66
karli.sjoberg at slu.se<mailto:karli.sjoberg at adm.slu.se>