[Users] sanlock issues (was: help with a presentation)

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 07:31:00 UTC 2012

On 08/08/2012 04:02 AM, Rino Rondan wrote:
> Hi , I did an install of 3.1 on a desktop using all in one with local
> data, I had some problem  with sanlock socket (/var/run/sanlock), maybe
> it was for selinux or permission because it have sanlock:sanlock, i
> change to vdsm:sanlock and permissive selinux, because vm doesnt start
> with sanlock down.

check for versions of sanlock and libvirt on fedora - there were quite a
few discussions round this.

> All in one script failed, but I did it with Web tool.

due to the sanlock issue?

> In my laptop I can not activate local data storage domain, I did not
> test sanlock or selinux for the moment, maybe I Will try use another
> logical volume to add it, but I can remove the storage domain by Web...
> Just trying it with virt-shell but I need some practise to do that..
> Finally I have a problem with spice when I try to access outside of my
> network .
> At least I have a simple configuration to show it maybe I can try to
> configure a vm to host in order to use migration, can I use the same
> host to create a vm as host too?

yes, look up faqemu for details on setting up a virtual host (though the
VM won't really run), or enable nested virtualization on fedora 17.
http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Vdsm_Developers#Running_Node_as_guest_-_Nested_KVM