[Users] sanlock issues

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 11:00:59 UTC 2012

On 08/08/2012 12:10 PM, rino wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:31 AM, Itamar Heim <iheim at redhat.com
> <mailto:iheim at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 08/08/2012 04:02 AM, Rino Rondan wrote:
>
>         Hi , I did an install of 3.1 on a desktop using all in one with
>         local
>         data, I had some problem  with sanlock socket
>         (/var/run/sanlock), maybe
>         it was for selinux or permission because it have sanlock:sanlock, i
>         change to vdsm:sanlock and permissive selinux, because vm doesnt
>         start
>         with sanlock down.
>

>     check for versions of sanlock and libvirt on fedora - there were
>     quite a few discussions round this.
>
>         All in one script failed, but I did it with Web tool.
>

>     due to the sanlock issue?
>

> Something happen with the function isHostUp -- never take the value up ..
>

>         In my laptop I can not activate local data storage domain, I did not
>         test sanlock or selinux for the moment, maybe I Will try use another
>         logical volume to add it, but I can remove the storage domain by
>         Web...
>         Just trying it with virt-shell but I need some practise to do that..
>         Finally I have a problem with spice when I try to access outside
>         of my
>         network .
>         At least I have a simple configuration to show it maybe I can try to
>         configure a vm to host in order to use migration, can I use the same
>         host to create a vm as host too?
>

>     yes, look up faqemu for details on setting up a virtual host (though
>     the VM won't really run), or enable nested virtualization on fedora 17.
>     http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/__Vdsm_Developers#Running_Node___as_guest_-_Nested_KVM
>     <http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Vdsm_Developers#Running_Node_as_guest_-_Nested_KVM>
>

> Yes I have it all in one, Node, and Ovirt, but i want to add another
> Node using a VM created on the first node.. is that possible, because
> the new vm create not support kvm...
>
> I did the installation on a amd G1 processor with 8gb, i have all in one
> and works fine, at least i can show it..
> How can I install reports ?? and how can i add another use to show the
> User portal to provide a vm for each student ...

history and reports are still not packaged in rpm form in ovirt - still
work in progress. you can install on your own if you want to tackle
(yaniv - any link to how to setup history/reports from sources?)

ovirt supports external directories.
easiest to add users would be to install freeipa and add it via manage
domains utility