[Users] Missing VM disk images after yum update

Ricky Schneberger ricky at schneberger.se
Wed Aug 15 13:44:19 UTC 2012

After my last "yum update" I got some strange errors in my cluster.

Today when I tried to start a VM i got a pop-up that says:

" Error:
Cannot run VM without at least one bootable disk.
Alternatives:
-Create a disk for this VM, and rerun the VM.
-Change the boot sequence using the Edit VM command (Boot Option Sub-Tab).
-Use the Run-Once command to select a different boot option and rerun
the VM."

When I went to the Virtual disks tab there was no disk left. On the
snapshots tab the still exist, and some of them seems even to be "OK"

I then check my NFS-storage to se if they still exist even there, and
they was (Puh!)!
I tried to mount the images with kpartx and everything went fine.
So far so good. The data is still there. GOOD!

But, how can I get things together again? And....what happened when I
did the yum update?

--
Ricky Schneberger