[Users] disk image grew after moving to new storage domain?

Maor Lipchuk mlipchuk at redhat.com
Fri Aug 17 09:25:59 UTC 2012

On 08/16/2012 12:29 AM, Darrell Budic wrote:
> I had a Thin Provision disk that was about 6Gb prior to moving it to a
> new storage domain. Now it's 40GB (the full size of the volume) even
> though it still says it's a Thin Provision allocation. Is this expected
> or is there any way to avoid it? This was an oVirt 3.0 setup.
I assume you referring to the actual size? the actual size is being
reported by VDSM when getVolumeInfo is being called at the apparentsize
field.
can you please add the vdsm log when the Move operation has occurred.

> The move was to a new storage system with a 10g connection. I don't
> suppose there's any way to change the address of an existing storage
> domain to reflect new connectivity, is there?
you can't change a path for an existing storage domain but only change
its name. although you can always remove the existing storage domain and
add another one.