[Users] not responding state vm

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Sun Dec 2 10:52:30 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:10:58AM +0100, Nathanaël Blanchet wrote:
> hi, one of my vm is in a "not responding state" and I can't remove
> it or start it anymore. When I try to stop it, nothing happens.
> what can I do?
> I'm using ovirt 3.0

"not responding" usually means that there's a qemu or libvirt bug,
making communication to the VM impossible. If stopping the VM fails,
too, it may mean that libvirtd is not responding.

Could you post your vdsm.log and libvirtd.log (when you send the
vmDestroy verb to vdsm) somewhere?

Does
    virsh -c qemu+tls://hostname/system dominfo <yourvm>
or
    virsh -c qemu+tls://hostname/system destroy <yourvm>  # DANGER to VM!
block?

Dan.