[Users] Manage users without Red Hat Directory Server or IBM Tivoli Directory Server?

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 07:27:20 UTC 2012

On 12/03/2012 08:51 AM, Dennis Böck wrote:

> Dear oVirt-Community,
>
> how can I add a new User? If I click "Add" under the "Users"-Tag of
> the web interface, I cannot create a new user. If I start a search,
> only the user "admin" is displayed.
>
> Is it maybe not possible to create users out of oVirt?

ovirt user-management relies on external directories - currently
supported Red Hat IPA, Active Directory, RHDS and IBM Tivoli.
to add a user one must first provision his domain (with LDAP and
Kerberos)  using ovirt using engine-manage-domains tool.

http://www.ovirt.org/Building_oVirt_engine#Deploying_engine-config_.26_engine-manage-domains