[Users] problems adding a domain

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 10:28:46 UTC 2012

On 12/03/2012 11:47 AM, Cristian Falcas wrote:

> [...]
>>         [org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationUtils] Loading
>>         configuration from the absolute path
>>         /etc/ovirt-engine/engine-manage-domains/engine-manage-domains.conf
>>         2012-11-30 01:38:37,523 ERROR
>>         [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.dns.DnsSRVLocator] Error: could
>>         not find DNS SRV record name: _ldap._tcp..
>>         Exception message is: DNS name not found [response code 3]
>>         Possible causes: missing DNS entries in the DNS server or DNS
>>         resolving issues from engine-core machine.
>>         Please Ensure correct DNS entries exist in the DNS server and
>>         ensure the DNS server is reachable from the engine-core machine.
>>         2012-11-30 01:38:37,523 DEBUG
>>         [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.kerberos.ManageDomainsResult]
>>         Got null value.
>>         2012-11-30 01:38:37,527 ERROR
>>         [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.kerberos.ManageDomains] Failed
>>         reading current configuration. Details: Could not locate LDAP
>>         servers to be used to validate the input of the utility
>>

>>         It looks like it's trying to get the info for " _ldap._tcp."
>>         instead of " _ldap._tcp.domain"?
>>
>>         Best regards,
>>         Cristian Falcas
>>

>>     Hi,
>>
>>     I still have the same error with the nighly builds. Can anyone
>>     tell me is this is an error on my side or if I should wait for a fix?

> Also the file /etc/ovirt-engine/krb5.conf is not created.
>
> Doing a tcpdump trace, I it's asking the dns server to resolve the
> name "_ldap._tcp". The response is "Standard query response, No such
> name".
>
> Command:
> engine-manage-domains -action=add -domain=company.com
> <http://company.com> -provider=ActiveDirectory -user=user.name
> <http://user.name> -passwordFile=/tmp/pass
>
> Logs:
>
> 2012-12-02 22:56:44,038 DEBUG
> [org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationUtils]
> ConfigurationUtils.locate(): base is null, name is
> /etc/ovirt-engine/engine-manage-domains/engine-manage-domains.conf
> 2012-12-02 22:56:44,052 DEBUG
> [org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationUtils] Loading
> configuration from the absolute path
> /etc/ovirt-engine/engine-manage-domains/engine-manage-domains.conf
> 2012-12-02 22:56:48,033 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.dns.DnsSRVLocator] Error: could not find
> DNS SRV record name: _ldap._tcp..
> Exception message is: DNS name not found [response code 3]
> Possible causes: missing DNS entries in the DNS server or DNS
> resolving issues from engine-core machine.
> Please Ensure correct DNS entries exist in the DNS server and ensure
> the DNS server is reachable from the engine-core machine.
> 2012-12-02 22:56:48,033 DEBUG
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.kerberos.ManageDomainsResult] Got null value.
> 2012-12-02 22:56:48,050 ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.kerberos.ManageDomains] Failed reading
> current configuration. Details: Could not locate LDAP servers to be
> used to validate the input of the utility

clearly a bug - I suspect its related to  commit
bad73b624bf68f7817e9b2ecfcf9ef8489eea8f5 - the domain name is assumed to
be already in the config.
Yair - will you open the bug?
please look at the createConfigurationProvider
String domainName = getConfigValue(engineConfigExecutable,
engineConfigProperties, ConfigValues.DomainName); <<<   domain from the
config. in "add" flow the domain isn't persisted yet
             String ldapSecurityAuthentication =
                     getConfigValue(engineConfigExecutable,
                             engineConfigProperties,
ConfigValues.LDAPSecurityAuthentication);
             ldapDnsResult = validateLdapServers(domainName);

its using the domain name from the config instead of using whatever
passes to the parser object as an argument. this will work for updating
an existing domain but not for new ones.