[Users] VM has paused due to unknown storage error

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 11:07:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 04:37:01AM -0500, Yeela Kaplan wrote:
> Glad to hear it worked out.
>
> When oVirt started the vm it mounted the corrupt disk image that seemed fine,
> but it couldn't find the OS because of the corrupted fs,
> and the error caused it to pause the guest.

I think we should be a bit more exact here: a VM without an installed OS
does not pause. The cause of the pause was, most probably, and attempt
to read from a corrupted qcow. When qemu fails to serve the guest with
data due to a bug in the underlying storage, qemu stops and waits for
further instructions from management. We use this feature for automatic
lv-extend (on enospace error). But here, with eother error, a human
intervension is required.