[Users] OpenLDAP Simple Authentication in Ovirt Engine

Oved Ourfalli ovedo at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 08:09:22 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

We indeed didn't remove the engine code. We just blocked it from the utility.
Once you have a configured oVirt domain, you can set the LDAPSecurityAuthentication configuration parameter (in the vdc_options table), to use simple, by putting a value of:
domain1:SIMPLE,domain2:GSSAPI,domain3:SIMPLE and etc....

but, if you want to add a new domain with it then you would need to add it manually (can give a detailed explanation on how, if relevant).

By default we work GSSAPI (I think the config option is empty by default which is equivalent to working GSSAPI).
If/When we would need to support that again it shouldn't be a major effort to add the code... the testing with the different providers will be the hard part.

Oved