[Users] Testing ovirt all in one on F18 gives error on DB creation

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:10:12 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Alon Bar-Lev  wrote:

>> You can configure
>> http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/nightly/rpm/Fedora/18/ as a
>> repository within your yum.repos.d.
>>
>> Nightly snapshots cannot be used as it was recently broken due to[1].

> This change was reverted, you can use the next nightly.
>
> Alon

Ok, successfully configured and tested nightly repo. Thanks
I will try rerun engine-setup after next nightly build.

Initially I tried to keep it signed and with same fedora key
file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch
but it said one of the vdsm packages was not signed, so for the moment
I configured the repo as
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0

and using --enablerepo parameter when I need it

BTW: how to completely clean the configuration?
I can manually run
engine-cleanup
manually drop db as postgres user
engine-cleanup again

But if I rerun engine-setup I get:
In order to proceed the installer must stop the ovirt-engine service
Would you like to stop the ovirt-engine service? (yes|no): yes
 oVirt Engine uses httpd to proxy requests to the application server.
It looks like the httpd installed locally is being actively used.
The installer can override current configuration .
Alternatively you can use JBoss directly (on ports higher than 1024)
Do you wish to override current httpd configuration and restart the
service? ['yes'| 'no']  [yes] :

Which other files can I delete so that the setup thinks it is a "new" system?

Thanks,
Gianluca