[Users] Can't use rhev-agentd after Oracle install

Alexandre Santos santosam72 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 00:38:29 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I've installed a CentOS 5.8 VM and then installed the rhev-agent after
recompiling the src.rpm. All went well until I installed Oracle 11gR2.
I installed the OL yum repos and now each time I try to start the agent I
get an error:
Driver 'pcspkr' is already registered, aborting...
I know this might no be the best forum to post this issue but it might help
who is working also on RHEV.

>From what I've read this is a kernel bug related to alsa and the OL
installed a 2.6.32 el5uek kernel...

Alex