[Users] Manage users without Red Hat Directory Server or IBM Tivoli Directory Server?

Dennis Böck dennis at webdienstleistungen.com
Wed Dec 5 08:48:58 UTC 2012

Dear Itamar,

we (German Air Navigation Services) would like to use oVirt for testing our air traffic applications.
In our air traffic application system, there is no directory service, since we don't need one. Consequently our test system has no directory service too.
We differentiate only between root-users (manage the OS), air traffic application operational-users and air traffic application technical-users.
For three kinds of users a directory service would mean too much overhead.
oVirt is complex enough, therefore it would be advantegous to have a simple user-management without the need to install/configure/run a directory service infrastructure.

Best regards
Dennis