[Users] iscsi mpio

Jonathan Horne jhorne at skopos.us
Fri Dec 7 17:09:08 UTC 2012

Im using a Equallogic iscsi SAN, and it has a special multi path driver
because it uses a virtual IP for the initiator to log into, and the actual
traffic ip addresses are not exposed to the initiator.

I tried to install the rpm but as far as i can get is:

[root at vmnode02 x86_64]# rpm -Uvh
equallogic-host-tools-1.2.0-2.el6.x86_64.rpm --nodeps
warning: equallogic-host-tools-1.2.0-2.el6.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1
Signature, key ID 84fd3ef3: NOKEY
error: can't create transaction lock on /var/lib/rpm/.rpm.lock (Read-only
file system)

Is there a way to unlock the file system so i can try to install and
configure this driver?

This is the current output of multipath -ll on my node:

[root at vmnode02 x86_64]# multipath -ll
36019cb3131d6f276d80a45bb6501f0c9 dm-10
size=500G features='0' hwhandler='0' wp=rw
36001e4f03dd42300183eaac404afd5ce dm-0 DELL,PERC 6/i
size=279G features='0' hwhandler='0' wp=rw
`-+- policy='round-robin 0' prio=1 status=active
  `- 2:2:0:0 sda 8:0 active ready running

The EQ san does show only 1 single tcp connection into the LUN, so i know
its not multipathing at this time.  This will be a huge downer if i have
to go to production without multi path support.

Is there anything i can do here?