[Users] Auto-start vms on boot?

Adrian Gibanel adrian.gibanel at btactic.com
Sun Dec 9 12:55:57 UTC 2012

This is how I see it:

Engine should have an offline database of its assigned hosts and their state (With state I mean properties. One of these properties would be the auto-start one).
So when a host starts the engine starts and then loops assigned virtual machines. While looping the virtual machines checs its auto-start property. If it's set to true it starts the virtual machine.

Not sure if what I am describing has an easy implementation with current oVirt architecture. Any comments from people who might understand better oVirt architecture on this use-case?

I think the hosts should rely the least possible on the management server.