[Users] template source always "Blank"

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Sun Dec 9 17:41:30 UTC 2012

On 12/09/2012 07:28 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've built several new templates from the blank template and a ISO
> install of various OS's. However, when I built a new VM using the new
> template(s), the new VM still says it's based from the blank template. I
> expected it to say it was from the "template-foo" U specified. The VM is
> correctly built from the template so I think it's a generation/database
> issue.

I'm guessing you used 'clone' (default for new server) rather than
'thinly provisioned' (default for new desktop).
clone means the template disk is copied/cloned for better performance,
rather than COW (less space).
when the disk is cloned, there is no longer a relation to the original
template at storage level.