[Users] template source always "Blank"

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 04:48:50 UTC 2012

On 12/10/2012 10:54 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 10:54 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com
> <mailto:jim.kinney at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     That _is_ what I did!
>
>     Hmm. Makes it an external process to track VM lineage without that
>     data.
>
>     So use the thin-provision only to allow this tracking. And this
>     works with windows VMs? will test shortly.
>

> Yay! New VM from template works fine and much faster. So the default for
> servers is to clone but the desktops is to thin-provision.
>
> As all of my "servers" are used more like desktops (bug testing not
> actually being servers), other than the icon change and thin vs clone
> disk provisioning, what else should I expeect to be different?

it is just the default, so you can choose servers and use thin.
differences between desktops/servers (of the top of my head):
these are just defaults you can change:
- default display for servers is vnc, spice for desktops
- servers clone. desktop are thin provision

these are not currently configurable (but will probably be in a future
version):
- servers get not audio card
- servers get the HA option