[Users] help with iSCSI storage domain needed - Ovirt -3.1

Mark Wu wudxw at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Dec 12 06:36:30 UTC 2012

On 12/12/2012 09:40 AM, Aleksandr Arbitman wrote:
> Hi, everybody !
> I have installed  ovirt 3.1 engine and two nodes. I have setup iscsi
> storage on another box and tested it with windows system - I was able
> to add it to win7 initiator, meaning the storage configured properly.
> But I can't add iscsi storage in ovirt-engine system. When I use
> "DIscover Targets" option and type IP address of my iscsi system -
> nothing is happening.
> All my systems - engine, nodes and iscsi server - are on the same
> network. Is it a bug? Is there any way to fix it ? Did anyone have the
> same issue ? Please, help. Thanks in advance for any tips.
>

> Alex

Is there any error related in /var/vdsm/vdsm.log ?

Did you try to manually discover and login the iscsi target by the
following command?

iscsiadm --mode discoverydb --type sendtargets --portal 192.168.122.1
--discover   // replace the portal address with your iscsi server's ip
address

iscsiadm --mode node --targetname iqn.2001-05.com.doe:test --portal
192.168.1.1:3260 --login  //replace the iqn with what returned by the
above command, and also the portal address.